WHOLE ROASTED ANYDAY CHICKEN
- Lightly rub 1 whole chicken with canola oil.
- Generously season with Any Day Blend and refrigerate 2hours — overnight.
- Roast in roasting pan in preheated 400 degree oven. After 25 minutes, lower heat to 325.
- Rotate the pan every 20 minutes until chicken is fully cooked (a thermometer should read 160 degrees when inserted into the thigh) If skin is browning too much, put a tin foil “tent” on top of it for protection.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
SPRING PEA ORZO “RISOTTO”
- Heat broth in a small pot and put aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in another small pot.
- Add orzo pasta and “toast” over medium heat until it begins to brown slightly.
- Add onion, celery, garlic and lemon zest and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Slowly add stock, one ladle at a time to the pasta. As it get absorbed add more, slowly until the pasta is cooked – about 15 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mint.
- Season with salt and pepper.
SUPER SIMPLE ARUGULA SALAD
- Wash arugula and spin dry. (you can use one of those fancy salad spinners or wrap the greens in a towel and spin your arms in long circles…outdoors)
- Toss with cheese, nuts, olive oil and lemon zest.
- Squeeze lemon juice, toss and add a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
Spring Pea Orzo "Risotto"
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 a small onion)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (about 1 1/2 stalks)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh peas (frozen peas can certainly be substituted)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped just before using
- salt and pepper to taste
Super Simple Arugula Salad
- 1/2 lb wild arugula
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbs chopped, toasted almonds
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juice