If you have some leftover BBQ chicken from the night before….feel free to replace the chicken thighs with it. A great complement to our Coffee Braised Pork Carnitas or for a light lunch.
- Using a small metal “biscuit cutter” cut 4 – 5 small tortillas from each large tortilla.
- Gently rub chicken with canola oil and season with Any Day (if you plan ahead let this sit overnight).
- In a pre-heated 425 degree oven, roast for 20 minutes, rotate pan and roast for an additional 15 minutes (or until the chicken is certainly cooked).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Once cool, remove skin and return to oven for about 15 minutes to crisp.
- Carefully pull the chicken meat away from the bones (shred) and combine with carrot and cabbage in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the orange zest and picked cilantro leaves.
- Season with a dash or 2 of Any Day.
- Serve with a spoonful of citrusy mayonnaise on small tortillas.
- 3 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4 soft corn tortillas (La Tortilla Factory)
- 5 chicken thighs (bone in and skin on)
- 2-3 TBS canola oil
- 2-3 TBS Just Cook Any Day Chicken Blend (+ a little for finishing)
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 head green cabbage, finely shaved
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, leaves picked
- 1/4 C citrusy mayonnaise