GRILLED HERBED COFFEE RUBBED SKIRT STEAK
- Preheat your grill to high. You are ready to cook if you are unable to count to 4 Mississippi without pulling your hand away in agony.
- Coat the skirt steak with canola oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place steak on the grill and try not to move it too much. Watch for ﬂare ups, but you do want to get a good char on the meat. This adds texture and builds ﬂavor.
- After 5 minutes, turn the meat over and sprinkle generously with Just Cook Herbed Coffee Rub. Cook for another 5 minutes or until done to your preference.
- Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes and then slice meat about 2” thick against the grain and shingle on a platter. Top with roasted peppers and serve with jalapeno cornbread.
- Rub peppers with canola oil.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet tray and roast in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the skin becomes charred.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle. The skins should peel right off.
- Carefully scrape the seeds from inside and slice the peppers into 1” thick strips.
- Whisk in olive oil, garlic and balsamic and dress peppers.
- In a bowl, combine the ﬁrst 7 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Stir in jalapenos.
- Pour into a greased 9” square baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (if the top gets too brown, cover with tented tinfoil. Cut into squares or wedges and serve warm.
Grilled Herbed Coffee Rubbed Skirt Steak
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak
- 2 TBS canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 TBS Just Cook Herbed Coffee Rub
- 4 red or yellow bell peppers
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 TBS chopped garlic
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose ﬂour
- 3 TBS sugar
- 3 TBS honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 4 TBS melted butter
- 4 jalapenos, seeds and membrane removed, and finely chopped