Gimme flank steak tacos, serves 4
- Combine well and let marinade in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove meat from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature
- Preheat broiler.
- Place flank steak on a thick casserole dish and broil about five minutes per side until medium rare. (Or until desired doneness)
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest.
- Over an open flame (gas flame from a stove top works fine), char the jalapeno completely
- Transfer to a small dish and cover with a damp paper towel.
- When cool enough to handle, remove charred outer skin.
- Remove white vein and carefully chop finely. Wash hands well when done.
- Place jalapeno in a small bowl with the egg yolk and vinegar
- Whisk while slowly adding oil until emulsified. If it gets too thick, thin with a little lime juice or water.
- Adjust seasoning with salt.
- This can be made a day in advance.
- Put a generous dollop of mayonnaise in 8 soft corn tortillas
- Add sliced flank steak and shaved iceberg lettuce.
Gimme Flank Steak Tacos
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- 2 TBS grape seed oi
- 2 TBS Just Cook Foods Gimme Steak blend
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 tsp champagne vinegar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- lime juice and salt as needed to taste