- Place shrimp shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment and “toast” in a 350 degree oven (no fan) until brittle – about 12 – 15 minutes.
- Place in a small pot, cover with water
- Add ginger, shallot, chile and tomato and simmer about 30 minutes
- Add cilantro, turn heat off and allow to close to curry shrimp Udon noodle
- Steep for 15 minutes.
Close To Curry Shrimp Udon
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small pot and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add lime juice and soy and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Add cooked noodle and set aside while you cook the shrimp.
- Over medium high heat sauté shrimp in canola oil.
- When just done, add Close To Curry – toss.
- Divide noodles evenly between the bowls.
- Divide broth as well.
- Add shrimp to each bowl and garnish with tomato, cilantro and green onion.
- 1 qt shrimp shells
- 1 1/2 qt water
- 1 tbs sliced ginger
- 1 sm shallot, sliced
- ½ small chile, sliced
- 1c chopped tomato
- ¼ bunch cilantro
Close to Curry Shrimp Udon
- ¼ C julienned ginger
- 1 to 2 chiles, sliced
- 1 Tbs Close To Curry
- 1 ½ qt shrimp stock
- 1/2 C red onion, sliced thin
- 2 T lime juice
- 2 T soy sauce
- 4 servings cooked Udon noodle (follow package instructions)
- 2 T canola oil
- 3 ½ lbs shrimp (21/25 count – peeled, reserve shells)
- 3 Tbs Close To Curry Blend
- 1 C sweet 100 tomatoes – halved
- ½ bunch green onion, sliced thin
- 1 handful chopped fresh cilantro leaves