We love this stew because it is so versatile. We listed some vegetables to use below but truly, you can use anything you have in your house. Think of it as the “empty the refrigerator” stew. We added sliced tofu from Wildwood Farms in the photo. The seasoning in the Close To Curry blend is so diverse that it is all you need to make this dish a fast favorite for everyone.
- Cut all vegetables in large chunks.
- Dust chicken with flour and then cook on med heat until fat renders and it is a nice golden brown. Flip on other side for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Remove 1/2 the fat and then sauté onion and carrot in there for 15 minutes (don’t brown).
- Add the rest of the vegetables to release their flavors and soften a bit.
- Add 1 T of Just Cook Foods Ancho rub and stir.
- Add coconut milk, stock and 2 T rub and mix. Put chicken back on top so that sauce is halfway up chicken (skin side up).
- Cook at 350 for 50 minutes, covered.
- Remove chicken from pot and take off skin and discard. Slice in thick pieces and set aside.
- Reduce sauce for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add back chicken pieces and adjust seasoning.
- Serve on farro, cous cous, rice etc.
Note: it is better the next day….even better the day after that!
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless with skin
- 1/4 cup flour
- Canola oil
- 1 sweet potato in med cubes 3/4"
- 2 zucchini, sliced in 1/2" coins
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 5 carrots, cut in 1/2" chunks
- 1/2 broccoli (or cauliflower) broken up in small floret's
- 5 oz Bag of spinach
- 5 oz Mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 T plus 2 T Just Cook Foods Close to Curry Blend
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups stock