Fresh apricots often gets overlooked by the more popular summer fruits and vegetables like corn and tomatoes. Mix it up with this summery recipe at your next dinner party. The apricots have a great presentation with their beautiful grill marks.
- You want to grill over medium-high heat. You will know when your grill is ready (if it isn’t gas) when you can hold your hand above the grill and (barely) count to 3…without harming yourself.
- Carefully halve the apricots, discard the pits.
- Lightly brush with canola and season with Any Day Chicken Blend.
- Grill the flesh side until they just begin to color – remove quickly.
- Place on a plate or platter, flesh side up. Alternating with the mozzarella slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with chopped pistachios and basil leaves.
- 6 ripe yet firm apricots
- 1T canola oil
- 1T Any Day Chicken Blend
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella - sliced
- 1/4 C chopped pistachios
- 1/2 bunch basil
- "drizzle" extra virgin olive oil (splurge on the good stuff. You can taste the difference-it is worth it!)