- Combine shallot, lemon juice, vinegar and salt and let sit for 15 minutes for ﬂavors to develop.
- Whisk in olive oil. Drizzle on salad when done.
- Cut peeled asparagus in thirds on the bias.
- Saute in canola oil over high heat until just cooked but still crunchy. You will have to taste…it could take 2-5 minutes depending on the size of your asparagus and the strength of your stove.
- Once asparagus is done, season with Just Cook Foods Ancho Chicken Rub and remove from the heat. It will continue to cook as it cools.
- Spoon 2 TBS of ricotta onto the center of each plate and spread it out a bit. (it is your “base”.)
- Sprinkle the asparagus around. Add mandarin segments and then drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- 2 bunches of asparagus, bottom third broken off stalks peeled
- 2TBS canola oil
- 1TBS Just Cook Foods Ancho Chicken Rub
- 3 medium mandarin oranges - peeled and separated
- 1/2 cup, Bellwether Farms ricotta
- 1/2 cup lemon vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1TBS shallot, minced
- 2TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2TBS good quality champagne vinegar (I love Katz’)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste